Alrighty you nitwits. Again I'm not sure how many of you that are out there that follow this blog, but I have some tasty filth on the way for you. But I figured the time was right for some goddamn shameless promotion. Left Hand Path Tapes is a small label/distro I started in January of 2014, the idea I guess is to put out music/video that I want to see put into a physical medium. At this point I have seven releases out, and have two to soon be out. This is what I have:
- LHP-001: H Cough Noise-Demo 2013 CS: H Cough Noise was the band I fronted from September of 2012 until April of 2013 and at this point the only (released) recorded material I have participated in. as far as the sound we were self proclaimed "Sludgeviolence", influenced by the likes of Spazz, Dystopia and other bands of that era. The tape was released originally by Death Mask Tapes of Denton, Texas around the time this band collapsed. But in January of 2014 I did a second small run for those who never got a copy. This CS is sold out and will never be pressed again.
- LHP-002: Paranoid Anxieties Volume 1 VHS: Paranoid Anxieties is an hour and a half VHS compilation I shot, edited and released on my own. It's a cluster of footage I shot of Punk happening in Texas from April of 2013 until March of 2014. Featuring bands such as Glue, The Sentenced, Nuke Cult, S.H.I.T., Wiccans and more as well as interviews. As of now it is available on a made for order basis.
- LHP-003: Smear CS: Smear is the most overlooked and underrated band from the North Texas punk scene. The band is a trio of kids makings thick, moshy hardcore. The dudes seldom play a show but do they ever kick ass. I did a run of 30 of these and took them on the Common Ignorance summer tour, as of now there is two left in the store [I will link that bellow]
- LHP-004: Punk In The Gulag VHS: There are many shows you can look back to and with a definite confidence say "that was one of the best we have ever pulled off". June 21st, 2014 that happened in Fort Worth, Texas. At 11:30pm a group of punks invaded a derelict trash incineration plant nicknamed the "Gulag" with a generator and threw a three band show. This VHS is an account of the one and only show to ever take place in the walls of The Gulag, featuring sets from Treatment, Drug Dogs and The Sentenced. Thirty of these were made and at this time a few are left in the store.
- LHP-005: Paranoid Anxieties Volume 2 VHS: Numbered early, this VHS is set to be released December 17th, 2014. But building upon what I did with volume one this VHS features 37 different bands from all corners of the US, including but not limited to: Big Zit, The Sentenced, The Flex, Forward, Gag, Nancy, Sheer Mag and many, many more. I will be in Toronto November 19th to the 24th for Not Dead Yet and intend to have a few copies for sale.
- LHP-006: The Shards VHS: The Shards was a short horror film made by Alex Salazar and Erin Vernon in the fall of 2012. Made in one night and scored by the duo the movie is the epitome of DIY filmmaking. Released September 2014 copies are still available in the store.
- LHP-007: The Shards-Summoning CS: Erin Vernon upon creating the soundtrack for The Shards developed a keen interest in synth based ambient music. In 2013 she released an EP called The Summoning under the name of "The Shards". The album in her words is to be a soundtrack for the end of days. Released October 2014 copies are still available
- LHP-008: The Sentenced-Live Document VHS: Created as a Not Dead Yet exclusive this VHS catches The Sentenced in their prime form at Ironhead Tattoo in Dallas. This tape will only be available at their show on November 21st in Toronto.
- LHP-009: Smear 2nd CS: The boys are back with a second cassette building on what they had spat out at the world in the Winter of 2013. Set for release December 13th, limited to 25 copies on blood red cassettes.
You can visit the store here. If you are looking to distro anything above contact me at email@example.com