Tuesday, September 17, 2013

GAG - THIS PUNK SHIT IS COOL AND ALL BUT I HOPE I AM ROB ZOMBIE BY THE TIME I AM 28


Goddamn that title is a mouthful. But I digress, Gag is a band from Olympia, Washington and are a flagship of this new wave of hardcore. Filthy, scummy sounding vocals juxtaposed over harsh feedback drenched tunes, this record rips. On the subject of the vocals, I have to say god damn, those are some gnarly fucking vocals. You see he uses a delay pedal (What brand/model, I do not know) but the effect it has on his voice is perfect.

I heard this band for the first time seeing them at Chaos in Tejas, and I liked them so much I missed the first fifteen minutes of Bolt Thrower's set to run up the street and see these guys a second time in the same day. I saw them again a third time when they ventured north and played a post Chaos show in Denton with Hoax. 

Gag is soon returning to Texas and beyond next month, they're doing one hell of a tour on their way to Not Dead Yet in Toronto. So do yourself a favor and see them in your town and get this and their 7" records they have out. But until then here's this little LP to hold you over.



No comments:

Post a Comment